Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Gift of Friendship

This has certainly made for a week of reflection. I am reminded to stay in the present moment and focus on the here and now. Somehow I find myself becoming melancholy. It's funny how life reminds you how precious each moment is...so you think I would appreciate what is right in front of me. Instead I find myself thinking back....somebody else's trials and tribulations bring a remembrance of struggles gone by. My circle of friends are feeling pain this past week, both physically and emotionally. My heart aches for them.
I am present with the joy that they bring to my life. That is where the richness of life comes in. Although there may by trying times right now, the people involved are not the struggle. That does not define who or what they are. They are gifts, each one of them. Illuminating, beautiful and strong. My wish is that these trying & challenging times will become a period of growth. A gift that they can pass on and share as seeds of knowledge for hope and happiness.

No comments: