Thursday, April 9, 2009

Through the Looking Glass

Where are you with yourself right now? How connected are you with who you really are? I want to know what that question means to you?

How connected or disconnected are you with the following question:

What do you know you already know and are afraid to look at or acknowledge?

There isn’t a right or wrong answer, only your very own experience. Let’s create the connection by starting the conversation.

Where are you with yourself right now?

Me, well I am trying to not be scared. Which of course is not where I should be focusing my attention - scared. I know I should be putting my thoughts to that which I wish to achieve.

Funny how even though we all know this, it is so easy to loose focus when tension rises at home.

How quickly I can go back to old habits of retreat & protection.

That is so far from what I really want to do!!! I want to reach out, take a risk and make connections with people.

I am going to be with myself and not with my emotions. Reconnecting with me would be a great place to start!

My emotions are indications of what is going on, but they do not have to dictate the outcome.

Where are you with yourself right now? And where would you like to be?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yep,yep,yep.
I am working on not letting the FEELINGS dictate, but instead (as you say) focus on the real me. I am finding it tricky too, because I keep getting distracted by the fear and hurt feelings....This too shall pass.
Love your blog, Michele.♥

Michele Cronkhite said...

Thank you, Natalie. It is a balancing act. At least we are not alone! All the best xo